Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

IT JUST KEEPS IMPRESSING US!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: IT JUST KEEPS IMPRESSING US!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

The lack of availability of lakes has to be the main reason for the numbers of audience and singers at the shows the last three weeks but in my sixteen years as a KJ I have never seen the like! Regardless, you have been such a joy for us!! Thank you!!! What the lakes do not account for is the wonderful enthusiasm shown the singers by the audience! This has spurred some of the best performances from mostly all singers I have ever seen!!! How true the axiom "by iron, iron itself is sharpened"! Please keep that in mind as you come up on stage. Those attentive to learn from others pickup on little things that give them more confidence when comes their turn!

A quick review of last week's shows:

Tuesday at Austin's "original" Water Tank I quote our KJ, Guy Paul's note to me "I had 18 singers, but a full bar ( at least on the karaoke side). I don't think there was one place left to sit, and a good number of them stayed throughout the night"..."A great audience..." which included a large birthday party-thanks! Thanks to Daniel, the singer/harmonica man we had enough song slips!

JW has won the bar/dining tab again! Congrats, JW! One of the ones which missed winning last month by not being there the week succeeding the drawing will win, if there this coming Tuesday 10 PM!

Wednesday's 7:30 PM show starting time at Pflugerville's Water Tank, Too has seemed to be the best time; so we'll keep it so long as it works well. Remember that also means that ending time is 11:30 PM, unless Guy Paul wishes to continue longer. He is only paid for a four hour gig and not expected by me to go longer! Regarding the show Guy Paul(GP) is quoted: "I had 25 different people sing tonight, but they didn't show up all at the same time, so none of my rotations were more than about 16 people. A great night...!!!"

Sadly GP reported that "Chamayne showed up 10 minutes too late to claim her 25 dollar bar tab!" which shows the importance of being there at the 10 PM award time! In fairness to all we must stick to our rules. This means that the award for this Wednesday 10 PM award grows to a value of $50.00! Did you sing at last Wednesday's show?

Thursday at Canary Roost was a huge success with great variety of song and performances! Singers and audience just kept flooding in until nearly closing!!! While this is chiefly a young college crowd they comport themselves beautifully as well as loudly!!!

Friday at the Water Tank was even more incredible than last Friday's summertime record! Wow!! How can I ever thank you enough for your contagious enthusiasm and wonderful performances. There are some who think a show revolves around them but none presented themselves at this show, thank you!!! A really successful show is made up of all who heartily contribute their best! Though some were unable to sing as much as normal, they still got into the overall show and this is what seems to make most happy!

Water Tank's Saturday show was another unbelievably great event filled with one outstanding performance after another, including great audience participation!!!

Hope my heart keeps letting me enjoy these wonderful gifts you have given me!! I know my memory will fill this in should the numbers start to fall!!!

Tks, rj

If you need more info on one of the clubs mentioned, schedules, addresses or check our song list, just go to our web site: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: