Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

Fun Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Fun Week Reply with quote

Sometimes we get spoiled by our singers, not appreciating each performance for its real value or the efforts they have put out to accomplish their personal satisfaction. On the other hand I think some of the singers are their own worst critic, causing them to not appreciate what they have contributed to the overall show. I try to think of each show as a variety show that allows all a chance to enhance its quality or I could not have listened attentively to so many of the same songs this seventeen years now. Occasionally I still have to muster up courage to find something positive on which to compliment the singer but this rare moment usually means that I am into my own frustrations of just running the other parts included the show itself. The big trick is to watch for something that they are doing new in either the vocalization or stage presence. Just remember that you really do offer a gift to the audience as you give the creation to yourself. Put a little more effort into listening to our really great variety of singers. For whatever reason you assess you will benefit.

Guy Paul said that Tuesday at the "Water Tank"(Tank) was a little slow but had a bunch of great singers.

Wednesday at "Water Tank, TOO" in Pflugerville was a good night with a group of "Dell" singers visiting us. Thank you. This is our newest show and it is a great place for entertainment and dining. While you cannot smoke in the bar, the club has provided a beautiful covered patio with heaters for smokers.

Ivan was not present to receive the $100.00 beverage/food tab which means this coming Wednesday's tab will be worth $125.00 to the person who submitted the right song slip at the right time and right place. So, if you sang at last Wednesday's show, you could win. Also, if that person is not present to win at the 10 PM awarding, be sure to sing a lot this coming show to improve your odds at $150.00 tab!

Thursday's show at "Canary Roost" was a really fun show but not nearly as many singers as normal. If you like to sing a lot, this is a great place for it.

Friday at the "Tank" was a little slow compared to normal but you still made it fun. Guy Paul was ill and asked me to fill in for him. He should be back for the Tuesday show.

This past Saturday was a great show at the "Tank" made up mostly of people who hadn't been there for some time. Really good mix of music.

Tks, rj

If you need more info on one of the clubs mentioned, schedules, addresses or check our song list, just go to our web site: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: