Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

Karaoke by RJ's Water Tank Contest - Weeks 1 thru 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Karaoke by RJ's Water Tank Contest - Weeks 1 thru 9 Reply with quote

Week 1 of 9 (originally posted on Feb 07, 2006 at 9:34 am)

Talk about a good show! The contestants were all outstanding! I can't believe everybody there read between the miscommunications sent out just before the contest and yes the Grand Finale will be held on April 04,2006 rather than the year 2001! All of the winners were Water Tank "regulars" with the exception of 3rd place. I know there are a lot of great singers out there who haven't competed in our contests before as well as a number who have that will put all of our fine singers to work in future contests. Remember that on Tuesdays and Fridays our shows at the Tank begin at 7:30 PM which gives you a lot more chance to practice with our equipment and software. Do that and you are a lot more comfortable and effective on stage during the contest!

Congratulation to winners of the 1st weeks contest who are:
1st place Wayno H.
2nd place Richard
3rd place Ange K.

Hope to see you at Tuesday's contest on February 7th! For more info:
www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Well, Quincy made it through surgery fine and now has been transferred to Texas Neuro Rehab,1106 West Dittmar Road, Austin, TX 78745. 512-444-4835. He is in room 518 with visiting hours Monday-Friday from 4 PM to 8 PM and weekends from noon to 8 PM. Some wanted to send flowers and plants but could not because he was in an ICU ward. Now you can. His daughter Kara says he is already able to use a wheelchair somewhat.

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 2 of 9 (originally posted on Wed Feb 08, 2006 at 1:00 pm)

A vote of thanks to all who came out Tuesday night! You were a fun but small crowd! No one can say he/she did not get to sing ample songs! Right? The contestants, while having only five others to compete against them, had excellent rivalry! Still we need a lot more to make it more fun and exciting. For those who desire to compete you have only 7 more weeks to qualify for the Grand Finale and the bucks$$$! For those not competing but who have volunteered to be judges, I really could have used you last night as I and one other-thank you, J!-had the whole load.

Congratulations to week 2 of 9 winners who are:
1st place Courtney
2nd place Richard
3rd place Ali

Any one night you may sing better or worse than you ever have in the past-I don't care who you are! To not win does not mean you can't win in the future weeks. Learn at least one something each time you sing, building on that. Two excellent examples of that are Richard and Ali. I love to see you grow as your knowledge increases. Take pleasure in that! You have set goals and are accomplishing them. All of us can do that!

rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

Week 3 of 9 (originally posted on Thu Feb 16, 2006 at 10:02 am)

Congratulations to this 3rd weeks winners who are:

1st place Robin
2nd place Daniel
3rd place DeWayne

I know a lot of the rest of you were out at a romantic place enjoying a glass of wine with your sweetheart but we surely did miss you! While we need a minimum 4 contestants to have a contest, there were only 3 until nearly 10 P.M. We ended with 6 at the last moment.

Has the Water Tank's outstanding singers scared off future competition? So far as winners go, each person who gets into the competition is a winner first because he has the courage to be there and second he will learn from the experience. Sure you may not take home a prize but you got one just knowing your "inner child" was empowered with the courage to reach a tougher goal! Set another goal to be at the Canary Roost tonight, at the Water Tank on Friday and Saturday nights to practice, practice, practice to give that "little kid" another shot next Tuesday!

For more information: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

tks, rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

Week 4 of 9 (originally posted on Feb 27, 2006 at 10:01 pm)

Sorry for being late with this but have had some cable and computer problems.

Our winners for February 21st are:

1st place Brad
2nd place Chad
3rd place Marjorie

Remember that you only have five more Tuesday preliminaries left in which to qualify for The Grand Finale's cash winner opportunity. And thanks for the Canary Roost singers who competed. See what I mean! It will be interesting to see if more of you come tomorrow night and in the following weeks!

Got to see Quincy Sunday. He has been doing well up until recently when the rehab counselors inadvertently broke his arm and hand during therapy. Needless to say it has put a damper on therapeutic operations for a while. He still has a good attitude and would love to see some of you when you can get there. He spoke with me for about 45 minutes, joking with me.

rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 5 of 9 (originally posted on Sat Mar 04, 2006 at 10:48 am)

The Water Tank Crowd got to see some really good competition Tuesday night. Because there are only the last four weeks to win a place for the Grande Finale, contestants are really putting on a show to place. Congratulations go out to all who have given it their best! You are deserving of praise!!!

Tuesday, February 28's top three contestants are:

1st Place Jill Bates
2nd Place The Deacon
3rd Place Joe V.

For those who are concerned about Quincy, after sending out my last update, I found out from Laurie, his fiancee, that one of the employees there remarked to Quincy that the arm "could be" broken. Quincy knew that it surely did seem that way to him! Regardless, hospital tests revealed that neither arm nor hand are broken.

As many of you are aware, this much confinement can drive one into depression, sometimes quite deeply. Try to find time to encourage him and you will become the winner for it.

rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 6 of 9 (originally posted on Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 4:40 pm)

Only 3 more weeks of preliminaries left before The Grand Finale!
After tomorrow, Tuesday, March 14th, there will be only 2 weeks left to qualify. Remember any one day may be your best, winning the $300.00 grand prize but nothing happens, if you do not give it your best shot! At our last Grand Finale's preceeding 3 weeks I saw immense effort and change which should have made all who put forth the effort, feel really good about themselves! You can do it, too!

Our winning top three places last Tuesday were:

1st place Robert D.
2nd place Cathie S.
3rd place Ali

For any more info about the contest go to my website: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Within the next 3 weeks I will have a bunch of new songs for you. tks. rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 7 of 9 (originally posted on Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 12:52 am)

Our contestants just keep getting stronger and stronger. April 4th, the night of the Grand Finale will be here in just a few weeks. There are only two preliminary contests left in which to qualify. Don't let anyone become too comfortable, make 'em work for it! If you have any questions about the contest the info is on my web site: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Our winning top three places last Tuesday were:

1st place Joe V.
2nd place Chris R.
3rd place Cathie S.

tks, rj

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 8 of 9 (originally posted on Mon Mar 27, 2006 at 10:08 pm)

Just one more Tuesday then follows the Grand Finale-money! After the "Finale" all Tuesday shows will return to a normal schedule. Let's all come out to see who the final contestants and see who will end up in the "Finale"!

March 21st 1st through 3rd Place qualified are:

1st place The Deacon
2nd place AJ
3rd place Riani

For those following Quincy Wickson's Health at Texas Rehab Center (Bluebonnet Rehab Hospital) I would like to give a good report but the man is seriously suffering pain throughout his whole body but especially his left side. During the weekdays they keep him busy with activities which helps him keep the pain off his mind but weekends are really tough. If you know him and want to help, weekend visits would be good.

tks, rj.

Visit us Online at:

RJ and Associates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 9 of 9 (originally posted on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:18 pm)

It's now done and we have our qualified finalists as of last night's contest at the Water Tank. Those winners are:

1st place A. J.
2nd place Daniel
3rd place Caitlin

The 12 finalists for the Grand Finale competition are:
Wayno,
Courtney,
Robin,
Brad,
Jill B.,
Robert D.,
Joe V.,
the Deacon,
A. J.,
Richard,
Daniel and
Cathie S.

The contest will begin at 9 PM sharp. Contestants will have to fill out 4 judges forms and sign in the login sheet no later than 8:45 PM. Karaoke for all there in time will start at 7:30 PM and all can sing after the last contestant does his song.

Just a few suggestions for the twelve: 1. go to my web site: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com and review all the points the judges score. 2. go to my shows as often as you can to get more comfortable with my songs, sound and equipment. 3. go with the intention to win $300.00!

I wish all who have participated could be money winners but there will only be three places to win. I am proud of all of you.

rj

Visit us Online at:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: