Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

Nice Rebound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Nice Rebound Reply with quote

Over all a really good week at most of the shows! Thursday at Canary Roost was the only show that was kinda slow but still entertaining. Saturdays at the Tank seem to have slowed down a bit but some really good singers and some really outstanding performances titillated the responsive crowd! Thanks to those of you who quickly put our new update songs to work.

Show synopsis for last week are as follows:
Tuesday at the Tank as commented by KJ, Guy Paul, "There was a good crowd; probably 15-20 singers. It was Mark R.'s birthday." I can only imagine how much fun that bunch had as Mark's funrully crowd roasted him mercilessly about another year under his belt! Terri H., one of that bunch, emailed me, expressing her appreciation saying, "Guy Paul was just great...as usual." If Guy Paul is so great, why can't he award the week's $50.00 bar/dining tab? I guess we can blame that on a past winner of the tab, A.C., who wasn't present to collect it at the 10 PM announcement! The good part about this is that another name was drawn for next week's award increasing its value to $75.00. If you sang last week before 10 PM, you would behoove yourself to be there this Tuesday, tomorrow night!

Wednesday at Pflugerville's Water Tank, Too continues to have really good participation! Quoting Guy Paul's report, "I had about 20 singers, but none of the rotations were more than 15 or 16. The crowd was fantastic. I couldn't have hand-picked a better group." A good report however, again, he could not award the bar/dining tab there either! Douglas, last week's song slip drawing winner, missed a tab valued at $75.00. If I were one of his friends, think I'd have to harass him about this because most recipients buy their friends drinks! Regardless, next Wednesday's tab will be worth $100.00!

Thursday at Canary Roost was pretty typical of a summer show. We still had a great time but really need more singer's, especially at the early part of the show! Did have some outstanding singers, though!

Water Tank's Fridays are nearly always outstanding but this one, while starting slowly, really grew to an outstanding crowd!!! Harper's grandparents were there to investigate the show and contributed so much to audience enthusiasm! We could all learn a lot from them as we have on their attendance of Saturday shows. Thank you! Needless to say, that enthusiasm rubs off on the performers as well shown on stage that night! Joanna and Guy Paul's, duet "Feelings" was outstanding! Wayno really woo' d the late night crowd with a great rendition of "Wonderful Tonight" which filled the dance floor with romantic couples!

Saturday's crowd at the Tank got to enjoy Vince and Connie's Broadway "hi jinks" as they mess with original lyrics to suit their own tastes plus they showed off their dance skills for we, two left feet types! Thanks! Harper, our smallest but not least, nailed several songs! Robin wowed us with some of the new songs plus her infamous torch song, "Seduces Me"! (I got to duet with she and several singers, too!) Ange came in late but I had the privilege of hearing her do some of the new songs plus got to have her harmonize beautifully to my version of "Drift Away"! Though we had a nice watching crowd, sadly a lot of the new regular singers weren't there! Austin, where are you!!!

Tks, rj

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: