Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

Great Week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Great Week! Reply with quote

Early into even my beginning karaoke shows, I felt that I had the best group of singers/entertainers in the Austin area and this past week bore further proof of same. So many spectators at the shows pull me aside and enthusiastically say just that. Others say that our shows are much like a really good variety show. I wish I could lay claim to being the cause of such but in all honesty those entertaining seem attracted to being with great singers. Being with one who performs well will enhance your performance because you learn from each other.

Some have asked me why I never complain when someone changes their song-apparently some KJ's do. To me it shows you are attuned the overall show and think you can contribute better toward the established theme of the show with a different song. That might mean the lyric theme or maybe a number of performers might be trying to improve their stage presence or follow a certain genre. I find pleasure in changing your song but ask that you already have in your hand a new song slip prepared, if it is at the last minute before your turn.

Review of last week's shows:

KJ, Guy Paul enjoyed another fine Tuesday night at Austin's Water Tank. Gay, everything has happened to me on stage at least once! I was afraid I was going to have to fill in for GP when you got him so tickled!! Was a fun show!!! There was no winner of the bar/dining tag which means, if you sang that night you have a chance to win this now $50.00 value, if you are present NLT 10 PM!

Wednesday Pflugerville's "Water Tank Too" seems to be growing spectators! GP said that the number of singers was down significantly from previous weeks but the audience just keeps growing! No winner for the $25.00 bar/dining tab; so, if you sang there last week your odds a much improved to win this week's $50.00 tab.

Thursday really started slow but had a great crowd by the last two hours at Canary Roost! Really good mix of music!

I thought that Friday's show at the Water Tank was going to be really slow but by 8:30 it really went wild!! Good to see you and hear you Austin! A little tenderness is back! Thank you!!!

Saturday was pretty well the same but this "regular crowd" has really become enthusiastically vibrant, making the singers really work harder on their performances. Again a great mix of music and performances! I really enjoy seeing a lot of people who might normally sing one song now add more to their repertoire!

Tks, rj

If you need more info on one of the clubs mentioned, schedules, addresses or check our song list, just go to our web site: www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: