Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

Grand Finale-Outstanding Performances at the Water Tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Grand Finale-Outstanding Performances at the Water Tank Reply with quote

Last night was one of the finest group of performances I have seen in my 15 yrs as a KJ host! Absolutely no one failed to represent themselves incredibly, using all the judge's criteria to their advantage! Some were stronger vocally, some used stage presence and props, some used wonderful choreography and costume. I know showmanship prevailed in each performance. So far as I am concerned there should have been eight 1st places awarded last night. Thank you each and everyone!

Needless to say that is not how contests work. While it is wonderful to see how competition engenders effort and drive plus a stage that expects that, I still hate that some may go away feeling that they lost or that they weren't good enough to win or worse that they were cheated by the judges or me. Please recognize that you were good enough to be in that group and you won because of that alone! So far as the judges go, they are imperfect people who put on their clothes just as do you but they were willing to express an opinion on paper as to what they beheld. I found their scoring very similar in points which is what I expect from non-bios judges. Until I have a budget that will allow me to have professional judges, this is the best I can offer and even when I have had professional judges,i.e., music professionals, they can still have very strong opinions that can color their judging. A good point that illustrates how easily one judging can get so distracted by outstanding costumes or choreography that he failed to listen to pitch or timing. This can happen to anyone; so don't be to hard on them or me.

Finally, don't forget the reason you enjoy karaoke! It gives you a relaxing feeling after a tough day with people who have a mutual love of music and its expression. Fine friendships have developed from pleasant evenings of karaoke.

Congratulations are also in order for garnered 1st through 3rd place winners:

!st Place AJ ($300.00)
2nd Place Cathie S. ($75.00)
3rd Place Robert D. ($25.00)

Thanks again for all who participated in the 10 week contest!
For those who wish to see Quincy you need to hurry as his brother is about to move him to a Ft. Worth area nursing home as early as this weekend. Wish I had better news.

rj

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: