Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

One beautiful Week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: One beautiful Week! Reply with quote

Wow!!! Every single show this week was outstanding! Even our newest show, Sundays at The Tilted Kilt was improved and we will continue there still. Thank you so much for your support on a summer schedule that can sometimes frustrate this old KJ.

Guy Paul-a not so old KJ-really enjoyed this past Tuesday at the Water Tank, speaking glowingly of the singers, said that Susan was the winner of the $50.00 accumulated bar tab. Had she not come back to this Tuesday's show the prize would have increased another $25.00 but her loss. Generous person that she is, she shared the prize with the other singers who shared their gleeful appreciation of receiving a free drink from her! That is something I appreciate about the "regulars" who come to our shows. They remember that karaoke is about having fun, enjoying each others talent and leaving unhappy things outside, enjoying the brief peaceful respite from worldly pressures. All share in making it a good show that gradually brings in a lot of spectators, who are not afraid to applaud your performances!

Thursday night at the Canary Roost was incredible, too! Where have all of you been?! Thanks for a great night! Did you know that Shelly and Homer are expecting their second child?

Friday at the Water Tank was reminiscent of its "heyday"!!! It was so packed that I think a lot of the "regulars", thinking they would not even be able to get a song in, decided not to come in. Wrong!!! Lots of spectators but only a few singers until about 9 PM but then inspired by some fun groups-like Mike F's notorious bunch-everyone decided to sing! From then on it was "Katie-bar-the-door"! Really great night!!! Thanks! Guess we will have to wait to see what the Saturday Water Tank crowd will be like as I am writing this on Saturday morning. Considering that this is summer and all shows have been doing so well, it will probably be a good time to sing a lot more! Hope you will come!

Be sure to make this the week for you to try our newest show on Sunday in Round Rock at The Tilted Kilt! It would be a nice early evening for dinner and a few drinks. For our "regulars" who have been so supportive there, thank you so much for getting this show "off-the-ground" and a special vote of thanks to Stryker and staff, who were so instrumental in getting it started!

After this week I will be starting a new list for those who want special songs that I do not have on my website song list www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com . Response has been good but I need to get the new song list finished for publishing; so please hurry them up, if you want new songs in this new song list.

I have included at the bottom of this newsletter an especially valuable tool for those of you who have cell phones. I tried it and it works!

> >>>> > > >
---Here is something worth knowing if you have a mobile phone---

Have you ever wondered why phone companies don't seem interested in
trying to prevent the theft of mobile phones? If you have ever lost, or had one stolen, and if you are on a plan, you still have to pay the plan approximately up to 24 months, and you have to buy another handset and
enter into another contract.

This is more revenue for the phone company.

There is a simple way of making lost or stolen mobiles useless to
thieves and the phone companies know about it, but keep it quiet. To check your mobile phone's serial number, key in the following on your phone: star-hash-zero-six-hash ( * # 0 6 # ) and a fifteen digit code
will appear on the screen.

This is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it safe. Should your mobile phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset, so even if the thief changes the sim card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.

If everybody did this, there would be no point in stealing mobile phones.
May want to send this to as many people with mobiles as possible

No charge for directory assistance -
Phone companies are charging us $1.00 or more for 411 - information
calls when they don't have to.

When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial 1-800-FREE-411 or 1 800 373 3411 without incurring a charge.

This is information people don't mind receiving - Pass it on. Works on home phones and cell phones.

rj

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: