Austin Karaoke News Forum Index Austin Karaoke News
Keep Up with Austin's Exciting Karaoke Scene!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
This site is made possible by our Sponsors.   CLICK HERE to meet our Website Sponsors!
Checkout Central Texas Karaoke Listings by Professional Karaoke Entertainers - Click Here

What a Week!!! Karaoke by RJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ and Associates
Karaoke Entertainment Professional

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: What a Week!!! Karaoke by RJ Reply with quote

Am still trying to play "catch-up" from out of town gigs!!! Sorry for this late report!

Tuesday, December 12, was a great show but lacking the numbers of singers and listening/dancing crowd which is pretty well typical of this season-gives you more chances to sing lots more! The song request slip drawn from the previous Tuesday had no winner because the singer was not present but this means that last Tuesday's drawn slip is worth a $50.00 bar/food tab which KJ, Vicki, would love to award! Since she and I know the name drawn(but we ain't tellin'), there is a good chance it will be given, if not, the following week's award will be a $75.00 bar/food tab!

Wednesday , our new 8 PM to midnite show at the Canary Nest (also called Dry Dock) was attended considerably better than we expected since we had no advertising other than my newsletter. Friends of Mike P. had a birthday party there for him which included some "class acts"! We hope they will treat us to more soon. A few of our "regulars" showed up despite of the faulty original "update" and subsequently late "correction"! The "regulars" had somehow read my senile mind--many thanks to Wayno, Robin and Daniel!!!

The ones who came early enough to try the quality foods prepared there expressed appreciation for the chef's quality preparation and taste. For more info go to www.karaokebyrjandassociates.com .

While there are families still dining we have to keep the sound at a background sound level(from about 8-9 PM), avoiding language offense as a considerate gesture for families. Please help me build this a special show you and all will enjoy!

Thursday, at Canary Roost started its typically slow routine but by 11 PM went nuts! Many thanks to all who supported us! Keep up the great work except some of you should attend the 10 PM start in order to save your KJ's voice for paging and announcing! I have been known to start as early as 9:30 PM when I have enough singers to keep the show rolling!

Friday, at Water Tank was expected to be a little slower because so many of our singers go to private karaoke parties this time of the month but lord was this one slow at start! We officially start Friday's show at 8 PM but earlier, if enough singers are present. While we started at around 7:30 PM, there were only about 4 singers until nearly 10 PM--talk about a missed opportunity! After 10 PM the show filled quickly but I had 4 tired singers by then!

Saturday, at Water Tank opened at the usual 9 PM with a full house! About 40 friends threw a birthday party for Liz and when I say a party, this is an extreme understatement!!! They provided "male dancers" and an "off broadway review" plus tender spankings!!! By 10 PM the place was packed with upbeat people and song!!! All there had an absolute blast!!!

Let me close with a reminder to enter into your event calendar Sunday, December 31 as a date for a "New York New Year's Karaoke Celebration" at the Water Tank! Hope to see you there!

rj

Visit us Online at:
http://www.KaraokeByRJandAssociates.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Austin Karaoke News Forum Index -> KJ Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: